Post-Lolla recovery is in full effect for Chicagoans and tourists alike. Known as one of the best weekends of the summer, this year’s festival was no different. The three days were jam-packed with big-name performers such as Lorde, Calvin Harris, Eminem and Iggy Azaela. Although the lineup changes annually, you’re guaranteed to have some of these 10 universal Lollapalooza experiences each time you attend.
1) Standing next to/behind/anywhere remotely close to a couple that is getting way. too. into. the. music.
2) Seeing a fashion trend reach exhaustion in one, short weekend (flower crowns, anyone?).
3) Running into that one kid from high school you never thought you would see again, and immediately blanking on their name - but it was “so good to see you” and we should “definitely catch up next time you’re in town!”
4) Being pushed in a crowd where there is, quite literally, no room to be pushed.
5) Scalpers say they won’t go any lower than $175 for a day pass…even when it’s 8PM and there’s only a few hours left of the show. Is that even a real ticket, dude?
6) You forgot your sunscreen. Or better yet, this year, you took your poncho out of your backpack because you didn’t think it would rain (downpour).
7) Every year, you insist on trying to find a meeting spot with your friends who are ALSO at Lollapalooza. Every year, you fail to find them.
8) Trying to avoid port-a-potties at all costs.
9) Planning to see all your favorite bands at once, but eventually remembering it takes 15 minutes to walk across the park. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
10) No Lolla weekend is complete without an instagram-worthy shot of you and your best friends in front of the iconic Buckingham Fountain. Don’t forget to #Lollapalooza!